Project Controls Specialist
Project Controls Specialist
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Project Control Specialist/Lead will be responsible in providing project control support to ongoing projects and supporting the company’s estimating and construction teams to ensure that the company’s project control system is properly implemented and utilized.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Overall responsibility for compliance of assigned projects with project controls standards - both from applicable contract documents and from Aecon project controls policies/guidelines.
- Participate in developing, establishing and maintaining the company’s project cost /control systems.
- Participate in proposal and estimating efforts to ensure continuity between project estimates and project baseline.
- Assist the project team in converting project bids to setting up the complete, accurate project baseline (budget), in the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (SAP, Prism).
- Set up project accounting systems (cost codes, job cost processing procedures, project rules of credit) in SAP.
- Review the project contract and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting, change management, etc.) are applied and fulfilled, project tracking and reporting, and project closeout.
- Monitor the project performance and ensure that all the project control system is properly implemented.
- Generate all required project status reports for internal management and for the customer, including the overall project Dashboard, project performance report (Earned Value, SPI, CPI, etc).
- Train the project team on how to implement the change management procedures.
- Responsible to maintain a change management system in compliance with contract conditions and Aecon’s procedures; monitor and enforce the change management system for assigned projects.
- Responsible to communicate, train and generally ensure full understanding by project staff of project controls processes and their applicable responsibilities.
- Review and analyze the project control reports (i.e. progress and productivity) with the project control leads and project team and suggest corrective actions to maintain reasonable (around 1-PF) performance/productivity.
- Review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports and suggest corrective actions to maintain the project within anticipated cost and schedule.
- Prepare and update project cash flows.
- AS required, produce custom reports per request of customer or internal management.
- Provide input on an ongoing basis for improvements/modifications to Shoreline’s project controls policy & guidelines.
- Assists with contract management and payments.
- Direct support of Project management to monitor and report project financial status.
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- 1-3 years of related experience is preferred.
- College and/or University degree in related field, OR applicable work experience.
- Applied knowledge of the “Earned Value” principles.
- Applied knowledge of Project Management and Project Controls principles, including experience with concepts of PMBOK and AACE.
- Ability to produce read and manipulate schedules and scheduling curves/reports.
- Applied knowledge of cost engineering/cost control.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work site environment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- Willingness for continuous learning and advancement of technical knowledge.
- Detail oriented and customer focused.
Other qualifications -
- Variety of jobsite conditions (office, Nuclear environment, trailer, outdoors).
- Due to the nature of work conducted by Shoreline, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment.
- Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, technology and data to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital – and delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at snclavalin.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Hi, my name is Rula. I'm a Lead Planning Engineer at AtkinsRéalis in the Project & Programme Services team. My team prepares project plans and schedules: how and when work will be carried out fo
If you're anything like Senior EC&I Engineer Alessandro Del Brenna, being constantly inspired and challenged is something you crave at work. He said, "Working at Atkins, a member of the SNC-La