Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Highways & Transportation Project Engineer with 6+ years relevant planning and design experience. The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team to be based in our Dublin office. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
The role will involve optioneering, preliminary and detailed design services, liaison and co-ordination with other disciplines, preparation of contract documentation, contract administration and construction supervision. The role will also involve deputising as project manager with associated duties such as resource planning, design team leadership, technical reviewing, and financial management of projects.
Desirable skills / attributes:
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Chartered or close to achieving Chartership.
- Design team leadership and project management support.
- Playing a role in the delivery of a broad range of projects including active travel, urban and rural road schemes, public realm and pavement rehabilitation for public and private sector clients.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant software (AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Project, etc).
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the TII Technical Standards / DMURS/National Cycle Manual etc and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience in the design of national and non-national road schemes in Ireland (or equivalent).
- Experience in the development of roads schemes including feasibility studies, preliminary design, planning, detailed design, tender document preparation and contract administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own initiative to achieve project goals.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab