Project Support Officer
Project Support Officer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Working in SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business this role is based within our Utility Solutions Practice, which provides utility-based products and services to a wide range of clients.
The role will be based in our Bristol office in the long term, and during the onboarding process, the role will require attendance in our office for training purposes. Atkins advocate agile and flexible working, therefore the successful candidate will work between the office and home, depending on the requirements of the team, our clients and also the individual.
To support our growing team, a Project Support Officer is required to help manage a variety of tasks in the project delivery of digital, utility-based solutions to our client base. The successful candidate will be a motivated, innovative, and committed individual with a keen eye for detail.
The role is predominantly focused on the coordination of transactions relevant to the delivery of a range of digital products. Aspects of the role interact with various teams within Utility Solutions, including but not limited to; Technical delivery, Deliver Work and Customer Service.
- Experience in a project support/service delivery role, ideally in a professional services environment.
- Extremely trustworthy, with the ability to handle sensitive financial data discreetly.
- An excellent communicator is required, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several tasks concurrently, identifying critical tasks and evaluating priorities.
- Ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems.
- A high level of organisation and professionalism.
- An ability to hold successful engagements with internal teams and external clients.
- Enthusiastic, able to adopt a flexible approach to a varying workload with conflicting demands.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly strong with Microsoft Excel.
- Security clearance will be required.
- Strong demonstrable experience in effectively managing project finances.
- Experience with Concur and/or JD Edwards (Oracle) or similar financial management system.
- Experience of working in the utility industry, preferably in a Project environment.
- Prior experience or knowledge of utilising technology for process efficiencies.
- Provide high quality project and programme management support.
- Regular reporting of project performance, including project programmes, risk registers etc.
- Supporting the management and delivery of innovation projects within the business.
- Be diligent, efficient and pay great attention to detail to deliver quality project support and outputs.
- Managing the monthly invoicing process for all projects, as well as dealing with credit notes when required.
- Preparing and checking internal cost journals.
- Monitoring of client commercial status, e.g., credit check information, debt, payment history.
- Coordination and management of supplier payments, i.e., BACS, credit card, invoices.
- Chasing unpaid client invoices in liaison with finance department.
- Support the Project team with inbox management of the project mailboxes.
- Support audits and quality assurance of work within the Project team, reporting findings to the Project Manager and Quality Assurance.
- Set up of new customers within company financial systems.
- To be a competent user of the various systems/databases utilised within the Practice.
- To assist Project Manager/Team Leader with any staff training.
- Additional ad hoc activities as required.
- Accurate, thorough and trustworthy while being able to manage a demanding workload.
- Problem solver with an ability to identify and proactively manage problems and suggest considered solutions.
- Adaptable and optimistic approach towards change and evolution.
- A clear and thorough communication style, competent communicating at all levels.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions. On the job training will be delivered to ensure that the successful candidate is comfortable with the domain in which they would be working.
What we offer?
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
Our Latest Articles
Hi, I'm Tenele Khoza, Assistant Maritime Engineer. After graduating in 2016 with a BSc. in Civil Engineering, I started working for a large South African maritime contractor. After two years,
What does a drainage engineer do? Drainage engineers, also known as water resources engineers, are responsible for designing, managing, and maintaining systems that control and manage water fl
We aren't just engineers, environmental professionals, or consultants. We're pioneers, constantly innovating and pushing boundaries to tackle some of the world's most pressing challenges – esp
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher