Senior IT Business Applications Analyst
Senior IT Business Applications Analyst
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Do the words “complex,” “(eco)systems,” or “complex systems” sound undoubtedly appealing to you, or do you find them akin to “complicated?”
If the former, read on. We could be the organization you have been looking for and the role here-advertised could be the beginning of an extra-ordinary journey for both your career and personal life.
If these words do sound “complicated,” yet here you are, still reading on!, why not just …carrying on? You might be more interested than you think in finding out the exciting part of complexity, while working with financial systems, while this might be the role to help you change perspective over work, life, and finally connect the two in a meaningful way.
Everything must start, sometimes restart, somewhere, and we are the best to know this.
At AtkinsRéalis (still legally incorporated as SNC-Lavalin in Romania) we are continuously evolving. Building upon a more than 100-yeard-old foundation, we are now walking “The brilliant way forward.” Together. We are a dynamic and purpose-oriented organization, united around our mission to connect people, data and technology to transform the world’s infrastructure and energy systems. We believe that, together, we can change the world.
Within the IT Applications Delivery and Projects Control department, the IT Business Applications Analyst is a role for people who are interested in forming a solid understanding of a complex financial ecosystem, while facilitating a beyond-the-usual support experience for its users and all stakeholders. The ecosystem is centered around the Oracle EBS R12.2.10 ERP, with other applications interfacing to it: Kofax MarkView, SAP Concur, Workday, EcoSys, Rimilia, SAP Business Objects, Oracle Cloud EPM, just to name a few.
The role is within our Global IT Services team and co-located with the organization’s Financial Shared Service Center, based in Bucharest, Romania, while the base of users is worldwide, spread across geographies: from Canada to India, there are currently 12+ Operating Units for whom, in a collaborative way, we offer technical support.
The main pillars of activities you would take up within your role as IT Business Applications Analyst are two-fold:
- Reactive: delivery of prompt support in response to both applications technical issues (at request: incidents; or maintenance-like processes) and incoming knowledge/training requests.
- Proactive: development of new solutions as requested by (emerging) business needs, upcoming challenges or projects.
In our department, we come up with the right solutions to issues and new challenges with the assistance of applications providers, as well as other in-house functions or outsourced teams: Data Base Administrators (DBAs), developers, Infrastructure experts etc., with whom we work closely. In our roles, we are driven by results, come up with solutions, but in doing so we always focus on process. We are aware of the vital necessities of understanding problems before building technical solutions, and also that building those solutions must be a human-centered approach.
In the light of the above ideas, and in order for our collaboration to be optimal, we believe you must honestly and naturally find yourself in the following characteristics:
- You are a critical thinker; you question everything and can discern for yourself…
- …without being afraid to challenge what seems to be norm if you believe there are better ways.
- You value being and aim at becoming an autonomous colleague, as the basis of win-win collaborations.
- You love to investigate, to research, to analyze and to debug, to think in scenarios.
- It’s natural for you to be curious, dig to the roots of problems to understand the less evident causes.
- You model solutions/prototypes without skipping process parts: testing, documenting, impact evaluation.
- You understand the importance of communication and of user experiences, as well as the power of diversity and self-leadership.
- You know there are no “scripts” for success, except the path that one creatively builds for themselves.
- You are resilient: you can take “the long way.”
Some practical requirements associated to the role:
- Language mastery and communication-related skills:
- Proficient English is a must, as the main language within the organization.
- French would be desirable. Interest in learning or improving would matter.
- Any other language mastered would also be an asset.
- Technical competency and ability to communicate both in writing and orally at all levels of the organization via channels: email, Teams, phone; audio calls, video conferences, face-to-face.
- Relational databases knowledge:
- Advanced understanding on Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), theoretical and practical
- High competency in SQL or similar RDBMS languages
- Experience in working with ERPs, complex applications, financial business processes:
- Relevant experience with Oracle and Oracle EBS applications
- Same with any of: Kofax MarkView, SAP Concur, Workday, EcoSys, Rimilia, SAP Business Objects, Oracle Cloud EPM.
- Or work experience with any complex ERP or application
- Solid work experience with financial business processes
- Project management and ticketing services:
- Project management mindset and understanding, as the way to work effectively within different teams.
- Experience in working with agile or non-agile methodologies.
- Work experience with tools such as Service Now, Jira or other ticketing services would be good to have.
- Competency in the Microsoft Office 365 bundle tools:
- Proficient use of general applications for daily work activities is a must: Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Mastery of more specialized applications: Visio, PowerApps, PowerBI, SharePoint, Forms etc. would be a great asset.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Your residence must be in Romania.
- Proficiency in Romanian language.
A non-exhaustive list of practical responsibilities you would be taking:
- You would be support to business and team members in financial systems support tickets resolution.
- In addressing issues raised, you would be performing root cause analysis and investigations and identify solutions for all levels of complexity.
- …With the purpose of delivering solutions to the users in the most client-oriented way.
- Proactively identify areas for business systems improvement and lead enhancements analysis and deployment.
- Creating scenarios and testing plans to document solutions, new developments or implementations, in an iterative manner.
- Manage Service Requests and collaborate with third-party providers for solution development and implementation.
- Closely monitor existing applications, configurations, integrity checks, on a daily basis and find improvement areas.
- Lead technology hub projects and take ownership of quality delivery.
- Extract ad-hoc reports for all levels of complexity through existing tools and SQL.
- Take up specific tasks related to the Financial Month activities, on a monthly basis.
- Mentor team members and provide technical expertise for the technology hub.
And a list of compensations and benefits offered, which focus on obtaining a balanced work-life dynamic:
- Work from home/Hybrid working model in place – necessary to be in the office a few days per month
- Flexible working schedule: Monday to Friday, with flexibility between 09.30 to 20.00
- Permanent contract
- Flexible benefits, at choice (meal tickets, holiday vouchers, culture vouchers, wellness discounts etc.)
- Holiday bonuses: Easter and Christmas
- Private medical clinic subscription
- Additional paid personal days off per year
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (free psychological, financial or legal counseling services)
- Team activities or events: in person or virtual
- Internal career opportunities, Learning and Development programs
- French classes offered by company
- Open and dynamic work environment
Thank you for taking the time to read about our open position and we hope to continue the conversation.
Our Latest Articles
How did you get interested in water and coastal issues? I have been interested in water and coastal issues ever since I was a child. I grew up along the Puget Sound in Washington State and have experi
Nestor Grageda has been with SNC-Lavalin for 18 years and is part of our IT Infrastructure team as Desk Side and IT Support. Outside of work, he is a huge football fan and loves the World Cup.
At SNC-Lavalin, and within our brands Atkins and Faithful+Gould, we are known for our expert consultancy services. Behind the engineers, architects, quantity surveyors (and more) who join us,
The construction industry is constantly evolving and as the market grows, so does the need for more technology. Information technology (IT) is a crucial cog in the construction industry and is he