Safety Critical Software Principal Engineer
Safety Critical Software Principal Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Leading the edge of transformation.
"You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally. We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life."
Join us as a Safety Critical Software Principal Engineer within ADS&T. You will have a lead role in a growing team that advises our clients how to develop and verify safety-critical software systems and programmable systems to ensure that they overcome technical challenges, meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements. We have a huge variety of projects on all the time, ranging from niche consultancy projects to large, high profile programmes. So you'll always be able to keep yourself challenged.
AtkinsRéalis has offices across the UK and the locations noted are our just our ADS&T offices. We welcome applications from other locations too where we can make flexible working successful.
- Take on leading roles in safety-critical software teams setting direction to consultancy and engineering services for a range of clients in industries such as Nuclear Power, Defence, Rail and Aerospace.
- Advise our clients how to develop and verify safety-critical software systems and programmable systems to ensure that they meet engineering standards and regulatory requirements.
- Shape technical strategy help our teams define delivery plans and execute these on a day-to-day basis to solve our client’s challenges.
- Work with our project and bid managers to balance time, cost, quality and client satisfaction parameters.
- Mentor junior staff and support their competency growth.
- Work with our technical assurance team to ensure the quality of work that we deliver meets our high professional standards.
- Work with our market sales teams to support bidding for new projects.
What you can bring?
You will have –
- A degree-level qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, science or engineering subject.
- Chartered status or be working towards this.
- Knowledge of design, development and test of real-time, embedded software, particularly in a safety-critical context.
- Experience of applying standards used in safety or mission-critical industries such as IECs 61508, 60880, 50128, 62061, 61513 or 61226; ARP4754; DEF-STANs 00-55 or 00-56; or DO-178C.
- Experience of developing and / or assuring Software, Programmable Logic Devices (PLD) and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) Systems.
You will be –
- An experienced technical leader.
- A creative thinker and an excellent communicator.
- A team player.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates with demonstrable experience of –
- Providing independent advice, support and guidance in an Aerospace, Rail, Nuclear, Medical or other safety critical environment.
- Developing pragmatic and novel solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing to a range of project lifecycle stages from concept to decommissioning.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis, is a top global consultancy with over 100 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
AtkinsRéalis, is where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK
Our Latest Articles
Computing science taught in schools today must be broadened, and must start being taught much sooner, if we have any chance of closing the cyber skills gap, says former teacher and AtkinsRéali
The demand for cyber security professionals is continually increasing, yet the cyber skills shortage and gap persist. It’s time to boost the diversity of cyber skills in the UK by thinking out
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
Today, AtkinsRéalis, celebrates the leadership and dedication of one of our rising stars. Meet Junior Consultant Development Programme (JCDP) graduate Lottie Hayman. A champion of Equality, Di