Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
SNC Lavalin's Program Advisory Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Atkins Middle East
Architecture - Site Operation
Architectural Team, Project Management Team, Structures Team, Infrastructure Team, Building Services Team, Head of Departments
Atkins clients, contractors and external sub-consultants
.Responsible for the site supervision of Contractor’s architectural and interior design works. Duties include inspection of the Contractors works, Review and commenting on submittals, forwarding submittals to the concerned designer for response, obtaining samples and quotations when required, preparing reports and recommendations and coordination of all architectural / ID works with other disciplines
- Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 14+ years experience in detail design, production of drawings, able to analyse technical/construction build-ability issues and provide drawings and specifications coordinated with engineering and other disciplines. Site execution of Interior design works
- AutoCAD competent and able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in a variety of buildings and sectors such as multi residential, leisure, hotels, retail, offices, mixed-use developments.
- Able to interpret project specifications client requirements and constructability requirements.
- Able to prepare project specific quality plans and record and implement essential coordination issues in accordance with Atkins quality procedures
- Desirable Middle East experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, telephone skills and customer focus.
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated.
- Will work as a member of a multi cultural team and be expected to contribute to team performance and demonstrate use of initiative.
- Coordination skills with other disciplines and consultants
- Good organisation skills.
- Lateral problem solver.
- Responsible for the site supervision of Contractor’s architectural and interior design works. Duties include inspection of the Contractors works
- Review and commenting on submittals, forwarding submittals to the concerned designer for response, obtaining samples and quotations when required, preparing reports and recommendations and coordination of all architectural / ID works with other disciplines
- Reviewing and authorising his inspectors daily reports, preparing his portion of weekly report and giving relevant input to the monthly report of his section of the project.
- Review comments on Material submittals concerning constructability as support to the AOR and witness the field test.
- To review As-built drawings
- To report Quality Non-Conformances and to assist in closing out of the same.
- To report safety violations to HSE Manager during his inspections on site.
- To work with project site team.
- Coordinate and manage the technical input of other disciplines during construction stage
- Ensure the satisfactory management and control of inward and outward documentation
- Be able to develop and build client relationships.
- Required to supervise the work of other members of the team.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 26 working days annual leave (6 day work week)
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant.
SNC-Lavalin is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We aim to provide quality and fairness for all job applicants and employees and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, religious conviction or disablement. We oppose all forms of unlawful treatment and discrimination.
Our aim is for the company to be representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applications equally.
We pursue this commitment by:
Having clear and concise procedures and guidelines for both line managers and employees to ensure policies are fully understood and implemented;
Complying with the relevant employment legislation and codes of practice;
Ensuring that all existing employees, potential employees, colleagues and customers are treated equally and with respect;
Ensuring that the workplace is an environment free from discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying regardless of an individual’s gender, marital status, age, race, ethnic origin, religious conviction or disablement;
Making all decisions relating to recruitment, selection or promotion according to the employees’ ability.
Our Latest Articles
Over the past 50 years, we’ve helped shape cutting-edge ideas in Saudi Arabia; from large infrastructure projects to mixed-use masterplan developments. King Abdullah Financial District, Riyadh Metro
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
What does a water engineer do? Water engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining water systems and infrastructure. This role is essential in ensuring that communiti
What does a project manager do? Project managers work collaboratively with their teams to deliver high-quality projects and technical excellence for clients. They are responsible for oversee