Senior Landscape Architect - Birmingham
Senior Landscape Architect - Birmingham
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins have exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior Landscape Architects based in our Birmingham offices.
Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and project management consultancy. Our practice wide team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and masterplanners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring designs that transform people’s lives. We have an established innovative team within Atkins with over 40 years of experience. We are proud of our rich heritage as one of UK’s larger landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the Atkins landscape, urban design architecture and masterplanning practice.
We are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile landscape, public realm and environmentally focussed projects for the public and private sectors that include Haverfordwest High School Pembrokeshire, Plymouth History Centre, Fisherton Street Public Realm Salisbury and multiple flood alleviation schemes across the South West region.
- We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior Landscape Architects to join our expanding Architecture, Masterplanning and Landscape teams.
- The position requires a Chartered Landscape Architect with minimum of 3 years post chartered experience, with an excellent track record in design and assessment.
- The roles offer a wide variety of experience and provide an excellent opportunity for career progression.
- We are looking for people with a design flair and good written capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction.
- You will have a proactive can-do attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach, high-quality presentation and communication skills, and confidence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports.
- We are looking for good interpersonal skills, fluency in English, and an ability to work in a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment as part of an integrated team with an inquisitive approach to their work.
You will need to demonstrate the following capabilities and experience:
- Taking responsibility for project workload within a team
- Working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Landscape Design, supporting projects from feasibility through to detail design
- An understanding of the principles of SuDS
- Ability to support contract documentation and site supervision;
- LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance, planning process and EIA
- Technical knowledge, high-quality presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment
- Understanding of and demonstrable experience in BIM
- Design input to a range of projects, including schools, rail, road, flood infrastructure, public realm and urban regeneration.
- Preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Preparation of tender responses
- Provision of landscape advice to external and internal clients
- An understanding of project management, including the financial management of projects
- Resource allocation in liaison with the landscape senior leadership team
- Mentoring of junior staff
- A relevant landscape degree
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute
- Relevant minimum 3 years post chartership experience in a Landscape role, ideally in both the public and private sectors
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, particularly in the sectors of schools, transport, flood infrastructure and urban regeneration
- Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience and knowledge of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment to varying methodologies i.e. GLVIA 3, DMRB
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise
- Competent in AutoCAD and Adobe software packages with a passion to explore the use of Revit, Sketch Up and Enscape used as a design tool and for presentational outputs.
- Experience and an understanding of BIM.
- Communication through hand drawing invaluable.
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop, learn and work with a diverse team of specialists across different region on award-winning high-profile projects with a competitive salary and benefits package. There are training opportunities, and career development support that includes technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK’s leading design consultancies.
Your rewards and benefits will include:
- 25-day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays with flexibility to buy/sell annual leave
- Annual LI membership professional fees paid for
- 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteer activities
- Cheaper gym memberships and many other money saving opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- Discounted rates on gadget insurance and other services
- Option to purchase additional benefits such as dental, holiday insurance at reduced rates
- Season ticket loans for annual travel expenses
- Employee Assistance Programme
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an