Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in one of offices in Ireland to take the lead in delivery of Mechanical Engineering design elements of building projects. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team. Our current workload includes Infrastructure, industrial, commercial, pharmaceutical, airport, education, healthcare, service station, leisure centre/swimming pool, hotels, public housing, etc for both public and private clients.
The candidate shall have experience in the design, specification and oversight of on-site installation of Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Chilled water systems, Cooling towers & condenser water, Hot & cold-water services, Drainage, Soils & wastes, BMS, Pumps, Fans and Heat Pumps. The ideal candidate should have experience in sustainable design and using IES, Hevacomp, Siteworks, Cymap design software.
Duties will include:
- Acting as Lead Mechanical Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Ensuring project design and installation meet safety and current standards and regulations (Ancillary Certificate of Compliance of Contractor with Building Regulations Part L and relevant Codes, and Design Construction Risk Assessment and NZEB).
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of all Mechanical aspects of projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Particular Specification, Form of Tender, mechanical schedules, etc for Planning, Tender, Construction Stage).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design contracts with public and private clients.
- Business Development.
- Communication with internal and external parties via email and meetings.
- Review of design drawings and documentation prior to issue.
- Review of Contractor and Design Team proposals.
- Fulfilling the duties of Designer as defined under the SHWW(C) Regulations.
- Chartered Engineer (an ideal).
- Membership in any Engineering Professional Body.
- Experience in Client facing roles.
- Experience in financial management of design budgets.
- Experience in fulfilling the Ancillary Certifier function on projects.
- Good listener and Communicator.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Experience in delivery of Mechanical Engineering Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
- Understanding of use of BIM processes, AutoCAD and Revit.
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine