Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Leading excellence through construction expertise.
Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group.
You might know us for the prestigious construction work we deliver around the world. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, skills and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be part of our genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone is supported to make the most of their talents and expertise.
When it comes to work-life balance, Faithful+Gould is a great place to be. So, let's discuss how our flexible and remote working policies can support your priorities. We're also passionate about what we do while valuing each other equally. So, ask us about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and being a 'Disability Confident' and 'Inclusive Employer.' Learn more.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you'll be responsible for delivering work that's driven by excellence as well as doing the right thing. You'll share our reputation for working on some of our high-profile commissions. Your teams will work across a wide range of projects and sectors, including healthcare, aviation, infrastructure, education, corporate real estate, retail and residential, . As well as building long-term, sustainable relationships with our most important clients, you'll also be a catalyst for your colleagues' career progression.
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence.
- Act as the lead for commercial services multi-disciplinary teams and reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project within our portfolio.
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements.
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations.
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
What you can bring?
- Member of the SCSI or RICS, chartered member is a preference.
- Extensive experience in preparing estimates for construction related projects.
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation including bills of quantities to ARM4.
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients at senior level.
- Experience in use of and knowledge of the main Irish forms of contract such as PWC and RIAI.
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports.
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues.
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management.
- A sound technical quantity surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability.
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues.
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in the private sector.
- A full driving licence (ROI or equivalent).
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an