Specialist Radiation Physicist
Specialist Radiation Physicist
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Are you looking for a company that works on major engineering projects all over the world? Do you want to make a difference by improving the daily lives of communities worldwide? Are you seeking to join an inclusive and diverse team that you can truly count on? You’ve come to the right place!
Come join us in reshaping the future with AtkinsRéalis. AtkinsRéalis is dedicated in engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
CANDU Energy Inc., is looking for a Specialist Radiation Physicist to be a part of our team in the Fuel and Physics department supporting the design of new nuclear power plants and the operation, refurbishment, or waste management and decommissioning of existing CANDU nuclear power plants. As part of that team, you will work alongside colleagues to:
Your role within the team:
- Plan, perform, document, review, verify, and/or supervise technical analyses that includes:
- the application of radiation transport codes,
- performing dose calculations, and/or
- application / development of activity transport models.
- Lead teams in the execution of tasks for defined scopes of work adhering to schedule and budget constraints.
- Represent the organization in discussions with clients and partner organizations.
- Develop, adapt, or modify computer codes for specific applications and to solve new problems.
- Create and evaluate models or methodologies related to radiation physics.
- Collate, assimilate, and summarize results from existing analyses.
- Present results/updates to internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Mentor and train helping to develop junior staff in various areas of expertise related to radiation physics.
- Cooperate with internal stakeholders, communicate with clients, and collaborate with academic institutions.
- Follow the relevant procedures, guidelines and standards governing the work being performed.
- Attend and participate in meetings at the office, remotely, or at client sites as needed.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan, and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The ideal candidate:
- Undergraduate degree in Physics, Engineering Physics, Nuclear Engineering, Health Physics or equivalent.
- More than 15 years of relevant experience performing neutronics, radiation transport, dose, activity transport and/or dispersion model calculations or 10 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical material effectively.
- Working knowledge of project management practices experience in a leadership role.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, be self-motivated and have a demonstrated commitment to life-long-learning.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Postgraduate degrees or equivalent qualifications in Physics, Engineering Physics, Nuclear Engineering, or equivalent.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario, qualified to seal engineering documents.
- Familiarity with CANDU design
- Conversant in the codes and Standards used in safety analysis.
- Ability to program especially in python, MATLAB, C++, or Fortran and familiarity with the Linux operating system.
- Experience applying radiation transport codes (e.g. MCNP) and/or performing dose calculations.
- Eligible to obtain license for nuclear software that falls under the US Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810 radiation physics codes, such as MCNP and SCALE.
- Experience working at a nuclear facility, performing radiation transport and shielding calculations.
- Experience in code development including source control and testing.
- Knowledge of the nuclear regulatory framework in Canada.
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
Created by the integration of long-standing organizations dating back to 1911, AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading professional services and project management company dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to transform the world's infrastructure and energy systems. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. The breadth and depth of our capabilities are delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy. AtkinsRéalis and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of AtkinsRéalis (referred to throughout as “AtkinsRéalis”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab
If you’re a recent graduate or in training, you might be asking, “What jobs can you get with an engineering degree?” In the ever-evolving landscape of global energy needs, nuclear power stands