Aviation Implementation Project Manager
Aviation Implementation Project Manager
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Why join us?
We are hiring! AtkinsRéalis is seeking a Senior Aviation PM to join our Omaha, NE office.
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. AtkinsRéalis has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. AtkinsRéalis has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for implementing the design and construction of an airport Terminal.
- Apply principles, methods, or tools to provide oversight of the program plans, the coordination of multiple projects and interface with a Design-Build team.
- Make well-informed, and objective decisions, commit to action even in uncertain situations to accomplish program goals,
- Organize work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements, determines short - or long-term goals.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used for risk management and mitigation including assessment of failures and their consequences.
- Knowledge of airport terminal design and construction criteria, practices and requirements, quality requirements, and technical and interdisciplinary construction.
- Coordination and planning of logistics, temporary construction, integration of operations and construction activities, terminal operations, utilities, safety, airline operations, security and airport systems.
- Coordination and delivery of the project’s construction through the implementation of work plans, logistics plans, contingency plans, quality coordination and federal/non-federal projects.
- The Implementation Project Manager will be responsible for implementing the design and construction of the Terminal Modernization Program. The candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management. A minimum of 15 years of design and construction management is required, with at least three years of experience working in a commensurate position on an airport terminal program of at least $500M in total program cost.
- The TMP has a need in its Project Management Team for coordination of managing timeliness and thoroughness of design completion, stakeholder coordination for review of documents, logistical analysis, coordination of multiple tenant moves, integration of construction operations with airport operations, architectural expertise, quality assurance and overall contract compliance.
- The Implementation Manager must have a working knowledge of airport terminal design and construction criteria, practices and requirements, quality requirements, and technical and interdisciplinary construction. In addition, they must be capable of coordination and planning of logistics, temporary construction, integration of operations and construction activities, terminal operations, utilities, safety, airline operations, security and airport systems. The Implementation Project Manager will have overall responsibility for coordination and delivery of the project’s construction through the implementation of work plans, logistics plans, contingency plans, quality coordination and federal/non-federal projects.
- The position will be a key team member is supporting risk management, potential claims, stakeholder communications and regulatory compliance. In addition, the Implementation Manager is expected to oversee the PMT’s field operations including schedule coordination, micro-phasing, quality assurance compliance and change management. The Implementation Manager will provide oversight of the CUP and TMP project managers and ensure they have the necessary resources; and monitor and report the DB’s schedule progress, resources and responses to coordination issues and conflicts.
Competencies, Knowledges & Skills:
- Program Management – Applies principles, methods, or tools to provide oversight to the execution of the program plans, the coordination of multiple projects and interface with the Design-Builder.
- Technical Competence – Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job, works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job, and advises others on technical issues.
- Vision – Understands where the organization is headed and how to make a contribution and recognizes opportunities to help the organization accomplish its objectives.
- Decision Making – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions, perceives the impact and implications of decisions, commits to action even in uncertain situations to accomplish program goals, and causes change.
- Planning and Evaluating – Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements, determines short - or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them, coordinates with other organizations or parts of the organization to accomplish goals, and monitors progress and evaluates outcomes.
- Oral Communication – Clearly communicates and explains organizational and program policies and work assignments to staff and communicates information about the program areas activities to peers, higher-level managers, administrative staff of other organizations, and internal and external customers.
- Written Communication – Composes, reviews, edits, and issues written materials for diverse audiences and communicates purpose in a succinct and organized manner appropriate for context, time, and place. Written materials are of a routine nature and affect the immediate program area(s).
- Interpersonal Skills – Establishes and maintains constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, higher-level managers, staff from other organizations, internal and external customers, and local stakeholder groups to accomplish a program’s mission.
- Risk Management – Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used for risk management and mitigation including assessment of failures and their consequences.
- Teamwork – Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity, fosters commitment and team spirit, and works with others to achieve goals.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and makes recommendations.
- Integrity – Contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization, displays high standards of ethical conduct, understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others, and is trustworthy.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management.
plus fifteen years’ experience in design and construction,
- Three years working on an Airport Terminal in excess of $400MM
- Computer skills required.
What we offer at AtkinsRéalis:
At AtkinsRéalis, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
AtkinsRéalis is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review AtkinsRéalis Equal Opportunity Statement here:
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Upon acceptance of an offer, all candidates must go through a drug screen test and background check. AtkinsRéalis is a federal contractor which supersedes state laws.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, AtkinsRéalis family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Why nuclear engineering at AtkinsRéalis? Our nuclear teams at AtkinsRéalis are making it possible for generations to experience the benefits of nuclear and you can too. We’re looking for the brighte
Mohan Rajadurai | Principal Project Manager What is career mobility? Career mobility, also known as career advancement or career progression, refers to the ability and opportunities for individuals t
What is project management? Project management is the process of overseeing a project from planning through to completion. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project