Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer required to work in our dynamic civil infrastructure design team based our Dublin office. The successful candidate will work in a civil team within a multidiscipline office and shall work on varied projects such as land development for industrial/ commercial/ logistics/ residential projects in addition to potable and foul water infrastructure development.
We offer a work life balance a mix of both office based and remote working that allows for professional developed in line wider infrastructure team. Atkins provide substantial annual leave allowances along with additional days for charity engagement as part of our wider commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Educated to degree level (level 8 preferred) with a preferred minimum of 3+ years relevant experience.
- Recently chartered or aspiring to be chartered in the near future.
- Candidate must have ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively.
- Experience in storm water, foul, water, roads, earthworks and general civil design elements including knowledge of GDSDS, SuDS Design and DMURS required.
- Experience in Flood Risk Assessments and Section 50 applications desirable.
- Engineering report writing experience required.
- Experience in the use of engineer software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microdrainage and Culvert Master is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, a positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, willing to take responsibility and able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At Atkins we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher