Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
AtkinsRéalis Building Design Practice are committed to delivering projects in the built environment that improve the quality of life for those people who live, work, and play within them. In support of this, we have a dedicated multi-disciplinary research & innovation (R&I) team. The team includes design researchers, environmental analysts, data scientists and digital developers. We introduce a range of complementary skills to traditional design and engineering professionals. We are currently growing this team and have an opportunity for a new senior team member to join as Innovation Manager to drive our internal innovation and team management activities forward. If you have a background in applied research or innovation management and are passionate about engaging with diverse groups of colleagues to implement tangible change into the built environment, then we want to hear from you. We will nurture your natural curiosity and passion in the knowledge that good design can positively impact people’s lives.
- Promoting innovation culture throughout the Building Design practice utilising variety of communications and activities, picking up internal and external communications initiatives.
- Coordinate team resources and skillsets to match initiative and project requirements.
- Exploring opportunities for new research initiatives and projects working with sector leads across AtkinsRéalis Building Design Practice.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal teams and market leads and developing and sustaining relationships with existing and new clients.
- Oversight of research projects in Building Design, reporting on activity and analysis of feedback and success factors.
- Engaging with academic partners to develop research projects and strategic relationships.
What You Can Bring?
- A degree level qualification in a field of Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Urban Studies, or similar.
- You’ll also have a high level of project management capability, preferably holding a Prince 2 qualification or similar, as well as a working knowledge of agile methods.
- A good track record of facilitating innovation in the built environment.
- Experience of managing multiple projects, including effective resource planning with strong communication and presentation skills and experience of presenting to external events and clients, with ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Experience in applied research methods and tools, such as: survey development; data analysis & visualisation; desktop and literature reviews; environmental modelling or simulation; design thinking; or other innovation and research methods.
- You’ll be passionate about environmental research, urban studies or technology application that can be used to better understand human experience in the context of the built environment.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
We're ranked as one of LinkedIn's Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We've also made the Times Top 50 employers for women.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Our Infrastructure team uses innovation, new approaches and the power of data to help our clients deliver end-to-end projects and programmes for essential future infrastructure. And as the work becomes ever more complex, our employees continue to challenge the status quo.
We're committed to engineering better for people and our planet, from our global Engineering Net-Zero programme to creating social value through EDAROTH community housing. We're proud of our active employee networks creating awareness and allyship for our under-represented groups. Not to mention programmes supporting communities outside AtkinsRéalis, including schools, charities, ex-forces and professionals returning after career breaks.
What we offer?
AtkinsRéalis recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default AtkinsRéalis offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
AtkinsRéalis is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK | #1532
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
"Contributing to the future of sustainable and efficient transportation, One Rail at a Time" – Makaita G, Graduate Engineer Makaita, what do you do in AtkinsRéalis' Rail
Computing science taught in schools today must be broadened, and must start being taught much sooner, if we have any chance of closing the cyber skills gap, says former teacher and AtkinsRéali
The demand for cyber security professionals is continually increasing, yet the cyber skills shortage and gap persist. It’s time to boost the diversity of cyber skills in the UK by thinking out