QC Inspector – New Fuel Load
QC Inspector – New Fuel Load
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
QC Inspector – New Fuel Load
AtkinsRéalis is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology.
The QC Inspector – New Fuel Load is responsible for the performance of all quality functions and duties as related to the RFR construction activities performed under the Aecon Quality Program. The position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor.
This role will be based in Courtice. ON.
Your role within the Team:
- Participate in the execution of required inspections as outlined in the Construction and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Perform quality inspection in accordance with the related codes and customer specifications. Such inspections shall include but not be limited to dimension and visual weld inspections.
- Review of History Documents including Certified Material Test Reports when required.
- Perform weld monitoring as required.
- Complete all associated records for individual inspections.
- Support the Series Quality Control Lead on the assigned RFR Series fielding questions related to quality and execution of quality inspection activities.
- Obtain required training to be competent and proficient in the execution of inspections and recording of results.
- Support quality control activities and processes performed under the Quality Program, including work performed by any sub-contractor performing work under the umbrella of the assigned RFR Series.
- QC activities will be based on approved documented processes and in accordance with the contract, technical specifications, applicable codes, and standards.
- Support site QC activities associated with the Project requirements for the assigned RFR series.
- Review and validation of associated Quality Records at the earliest opportunity following completion of the field activity.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis as an employer?
Because we offer:
- The opportunity to work on various major projects for internal and external clients.
- An exciting environment where work-life balance is important.
- A wide array of learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive pay, flexible benefits, an employee share plan, and a defined contribution pension plan.
- A work environment focused on health and safety.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Preferred graduate in welding technology, QA/QC or a related discipline at the University or College level.
- Sound knowledge of the Safety and Quality Program principles with regards to work in the nuclear industry.
- Adequate computer skills to the level required to permit performance of all assigned functions and tasks.
- Pays attention to detail and able to focus on the result.
- Able to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organization with view to implementing quality requirements and objectives.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Demonstrates a level of Individual Human Performance awareness.
- Demonstrated people skills and the ability to contribute to a positive and healthy Safety and Quality Culture throughout the quality team.
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of applicable ISO, CSA, ASME and other Technical Standards and Codes associated with the Project.
- Time management awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Are you up for this challenge? Apply today and join our team to help engineer a Better Future for our Planet and its People.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy. AtkinsRéalis and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of AtkinsRéalis (referred to throughout as “AtkinsRéalis”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about AtkinsRéalis’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab
If you’re a recent graduate or in training, you might be asking, “What jobs can you get with an engineering degree?” In the ever-evolving landscape of global energy needs, nuclear power stands