Senior CAD Technician (Bridges)
Senior CAD Technician (Bridges)
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are seeking Middle and Senior CAD Technicians to join our Cork office. We have a large amount of Bridge design, active travel and rehabilitation work secured and a significant pipeline of interesting projects. This is an excellent opportunity to take on significant responsibility and develop your career with support from our senior management team.
- Leading the production of drawings for bridge and roads projects.
- Ensuring compliance with BIM standards and naming conventions.
- Production of RC detailing drawings and bar bending schedules.
- Input to specifications and pricing documents.
- Supporting the bridges team in developing design solutions.
- Keeping and updating drawing registers.
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Ability to take responsibility for leading the CAD elements of projects.
- Knowledge and experience in Bridge design geometry and drafting.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civils 3D.
- Experience in the detailing of concrete, steel and masonry bridge structures and retaining walls.
- Reinforced concrete detailing and completion of bar bending schedules.
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Good communication skills (particularly written English).
- Understanding of engineering principles and construction.
- CAD technician/Civil engineer.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Based in the Cork Office (hybrid working can be facilitated).
- Third Level Qualification (Level 7 or higher).
- 8+ years post-graduate experience and 15+ years post-graduate experience.
At Atkins, we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine