Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins is seeking a Senior Ecologist to join their Environment business to work alongside engineers, environmental scientists, and other staff on our portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water and transport sectors; as well as on specialist ecology projects.
- A degree in ecology or related subject.
- A minimum of five years post graduate experience.
- Member of CIEEM, or equivalent professional body, desirable.
- Experience working in environmental consultancy, desirable but not required.
- Phase 1 habitat survey & invasive species fieldsurvey experience desirable, as are strong botanical skills.
- Ecological competency in ornithology, terrestrial mammals, and / or bats will also be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of Appropriate Assessment legislation within Ireland required.
- GIS experience desirable.
- A full clean driver's licence.
The Ecologist shall:
- The successful applicant will have an excellent understanding of all regulatory and statutory requirements pertaining to ecology / biodiversity in Ireland.
- Experience in the preparation of high quality reports including Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA),and biodiversity chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR); as well as Appropriate Assessments.
- Undertake ecological field surveys as well as provide mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Experience of the design and co-ordination of ecology surveys (ecology staff and sub-consultants).
- Knowledge and experience of interpreting ecological monitoring data.
- Knowledge of managing data using GIS (QGIS, MapInfo or ArcGIS) is desirable.
- Engage with external stakeholders as necessary.
Deliver work to the highest possible standards and continue to strive to improve the quality of work.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Atkins is now in Mumbai and we are looking for talented professionals who want to learn, thrive, and grow their engineering careers with us. As one of the world’s most respected design, enginee
Nestled between Aberdeen Island and the southern coast of Hong Kong Island, a beautiful and vibrant city – Hong Kong is known to be one of the most developed cities in the world. Being a city
At Atkins India, our core beliefs lie in empowering and unleashing the full potential of our team members, enabling them to create a tangible impact and contribute towards building a brighter f