Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to be based in our Galway office. The successful candidate will work in a structural team within a multidiscipline office and shall work on varied projects. Our current workload in building and site development projects includes the Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Leisure, Industrial, Housing and Education Sectors for both public and private clients.
The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team.
Duties will include:
- Acting as a Lead Structural Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Design input and oversight of the delivery of all Structural aspects of projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Planning, Tender, Construction Stage).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design contracts with public and private clients.
- Communication with internal and external parties via email.
- Oversight of preparation of design drawings.
- Undertaking duties of the Assigned Certifier and Ancillary Certifier.
- Financial management of design budgets.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Good communication skills and have the ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively.
- Experience in delivery of Structural Engineering Design.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience in use of structural design software.
- Experience acting as Project C+S engineer on multi-disciplined projects (meeting attendance etc).
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine