Marine Ports Project Director
Marine Ports Project Director
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Why join us?
We are hiring! AtkinsRéalis is currently seeking a Marine Ports Project Director to lead on-going and future commercial marine port and terminal activities in South Florida. This position is based out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL and reports to the National Practice Director for Structures.
Current duties for this position include leading the Program Management for a multi-billion dollar commercial port design and construction capital investment program. Duties include overseeing design consultants working for the port and leading a team of construction specialists and inspectors in administering multiple simultaneous construction projects related to port expansion, upgrading and tenant build-out. Hands on structural engineering support for on-going maintenance activities is occasionally required. Direct current program staff of about 15 professionals. Support the design and construction phase engineering of other port projects in the southeast being led by the Technical Manager of Ports and Marine Structures.
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. AtkinsRéalis has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Under general direction of the Practice Director and the client, provide Program Management Leadership for implementation of a major capital improvement project in the commercial port environment.
- The Program Manager is the day-to-day leader of the Program Management team for the purposes of meeting the needs of a wide range of projects being implemented at the port client. The Program Manager will be stationed at the Port’s offices with the project team, and will provide direct day-to-day contact with the Port’s Program Administrator, the Port Engineering Team, the contractors engaged in implementing the capital program, and occasional contact with the Port’s executive team.
- The Program Manager will provide leadership for the team and will advise the client on all matters that are assigned and associated with the client’s capital improvement program.
- Assignments may include oversight of environmental studies, oversight of engineering projects, oversight of construction projects, and oversight of equipment installations and deployments as directed by the client.
- The Program Manager will oversee and review submittals from contractors and advise the client as appropriate. The Program Manager will lead monthly reporting and invoicing processes in compliance with the client’s requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an emphasis on marine structural and/or heavy civil. Minimum 15 years of Project and Program Management Experience in the development of heavy civil projects with an emphasis in commercial seaport development.
- Senior level Project Management experience in the implementation of heavy civil projects, with emphasis in the transportation field.
- Senior level engineering experience in the marine port and cargo-related transportation field.
- Professional registration in field of practice of engineering with a Florida, PE, or the ability to obtain such registration. Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) or “Certified Construction Manager” (CCM) is a plus.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
AtkinsRéalis is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review AtkinsRéalis Equal Opportunity Statement here:
AtkinsRéalis cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to AtkinsRéalis, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Upon acceptance of an offer, all candidates must go through a drug screen test and background check. AtkinsRéalis is a federal contractor which mandates a satisfactory background screening report and drug test that supersedes state laws.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, AtkinsRéalis family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.atkinsrealis.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Why nuclear engineering at AtkinsRéalis? Our nuclear teams at AtkinsRéalis are making it possible for generations to experience the benefits of nuclear and you can too. We’re looking for the brighte
Mohan Rajadurai | Principal Project Manager What is career mobility? Career mobility, also known as career advancement or career progression, refers to the ability and opportunities for individuals t
What is project management? Project management is the process of overseeing a project from planning through to completion. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project