Practice Manager - Physical Security & Resilience
Practice Manager - Physical Security & Resilience
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Practice Manager – Physical Security - Hybrid/London Nova North
The Physical Security Practice is part of Design and Advanced Technology, which itself sits within the wider Engineering business unit of AtkinsRéalis.
The security business plays a pivotal role in differentiating on AtkinsRéalis major projects and has established itself as a professional offering amongst private and public sectors within the United Kingdom and internationally. The business operates across all sectors and markets providing security consultancy across a wide range of specialisms including counter-terrorism applications, physical and electronic security, security strategy and master planning in the built environment.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead our specialist security team of 30+ multi-skilled engineers and consultants. The team works with other disciplines in developing innovative solutions to help our clients realise their vision of a safe and secure environment. Our services cover:
- Threat and Risk analysis
- Security risk management
- Full design cycle for all security functions
- Security operations and procedures
- Strategies, schemes and Master planning
- Counter-terrorism and protective security
- Physical security measures
- Electronic security systems
- Security related continuity and resilience
- Explosive blast and weapons effects on structures
- Security training
We pride ourselves on solving challenging and complex problems to the complete satisfaction of our clients. Our projects are founded on proven security analysis and sound engineering / technical capability.
- Lead, and be accountable for the management of the Physical Security Practice, including:
- Recruitment and retention of staff.
- Productivity, utilisation and the reporting of management metrics for the practice.
- Training, mentoring and CPD related activities.
- Workload forecasting and resource management.
- Preparation and approval of bids and fee proposals.
- Directing multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities and delivering security outcomes whilst managing client expectations
- Lead, articulate and pitch physical security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key client stakeholders.
- Will be expected to take leadership and management roles in client project delivery.
- Responsible for commercial management of client assignments to include costing, comparison, feasibility, and life cycle of design specification.
- Responsible for developing effective approaches to client requirements, calling for originality and ingenuity in devising solutions through both existing and new ways of working, design and implementation.
- Will assist in:
- Business development to further develop the security business.
- Strategy and growth objectives
- Identification of skills and opportunities
- Strong leadership qualities gained from a similar role in a consultancy or corporate environment and the ability to work and manage at pace with tight deadlines.
- Graduate level education or equivalent in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering or sciences) or a security related discipline.
- Significant experience of delivering projects through the full RIBA design lifecycle and be able to work to RIBA or industry specific stages, using CPTED and SBD principles.
- Significant experience in leading processes and strategies associated with, but not limited to, Security Master Planning, Security Risk Assessment, Threat & Vulnerability Assessment, Operational Requirements development and other security related outputs at senior and strategic levels.
- A good understanding of Counter Terrorism Measures relating to blast effects and blast and ballistic mitigation, glazing systems and retention, building hardening protective measures, and Hostile Vehicle Mitigation schemes.
- A good understanding of electronic security systems (CCTV, ACS, SMS, etc.), systems integration and the nexus between physical and procedural security elements.
- Be experienced in delivering good security governance, policies, and procedures, to meet legislative and client requirements as well is regulatory standards e.g., NPSA, ISO, LPCB.
- A thorough understanding of cost-effective deployments of security controls and solutions in line with the client’s business risk appetite to protect assets and maximise resilience.
- Drive successful working relationships with key clients, stakeholders, (National Technical Authorities) and team members, that improves the value of the security services we provide.
- Membership of a recognised security or professional organisation e.g., IET, RSES, ASIS, SyI and also demonstrate Continuing Professional Development in the field of security.
- Excellent personnel management, presentation and communication skills.
- Have a good reputation, standing and mature network within the professional security community.
- Chartership and/or Fellowship of an institute related to the security field e.g., SyI, IET, ICE, etc.
- An understanding of relevant software used within security such as AutoCAD, MS Project, specialist blast software etc.
- A good understanding of corporate security and the intricacies inherent to its good application.
- Experience with large client organisations.
- A good level of understanding of Security Strategy and future trends for growth.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process to gain SC clearance and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
What we offer?
AtkinsRéalis recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default AtkinsRéalis offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
AtkinsRéalis is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
#LI-INFRASTRUCTURE | #LI-UK
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
Bangalore, India is among the world’s top 10 fastest-growing cities with an average economic growth rate of 8.5 per cent. With heavy investment in infrastructure in the region, this presents an
Are you a management consultant looking for a new challenge? Management consulting is among the highest-paid jobs for MBA graduates, attracting top candidates from all industries. Offering tra