Roads Design Engineer
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Roads Design Engineer with 3 to 7 years relevant planning and design experience.
The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team to be based in our Cork office.
The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
The role will involve preliminary and detailed design services, input to EIA / CPO, preparation of contract documentation, administration of construction contracts and construction supervision.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Chartered or close to achieving Chartership.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX etc).
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the DMRB / DMURS and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Experience in the development of roads schemes (preferably in Ireland) including feasibility studies, preliminary design, planning, EIA, CPO, detailed design, tender document preparation, contract administration.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Since joining AtkinsRéalis in 2011, Rajiv has emerged as a linchpin within the water team, playing a pivotal role in key projects such as Beckton and Sizewell C. His exemplary work ca