Roads Design Engineer
Roads Design Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Roads Design Engineer with 3 to 7 years relevant planning and design experience.
The candidate will join our busy Highways and Transportation team to be based in our Cork office.
The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
The role will involve preliminary and detailed design services, input to EIA / CPO, preparation of contract documentation, administration of construction contracts and construction supervision.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
- Educated to degree level (level 8/9 engineering degree).
- Chartered or close to achieving Chartership.
- Computer literate and with experience of relevant design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MX etc).
- Experience of relevant design standards including a detailed knowledge of the DMRB / DMURS and the ability to translate this into workable designs.
- Experience in design and build schemes.
- Experience in the development of roads schemes (preferably in Ireland) including feasibility studies, preliminary design, planning, EIA, CPO, detailed design, tender document preparation, contract administration.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
Technology is growing exponentially. Did you know that the speed and power of computers has generally doubled every one and a half to two years since the 1960s and 70s? At the forefront of thi
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
Jen H. joined Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in 2017 as a Graduate Engineer in Infrastructure. She joined the reserves soon after becoming a well-rounded Civil Engineer in our Design &