Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins have an opportunity for a Senior Architect, with 15+ years’ experience to join our Building and Site Development Team. The candidate will take a leading role in the design and delivery of an ever-expanding project portfolio across a range of industries to both public and private clients. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and driven team with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
This a senior level opportunity for a Senior Architect to progress and in addition to leading a design team, the remit of this role will also include design development, contract administration, chairing site meetings and liaising with all stakeholders ensuring all project timescales are met. The ideal candidate with be an RIAI or RIBA Registered Architect with at least 10+ years’ experience and similarly 8 years’ post part III experience. Have proven success delivering medium and largescale developments and leading a small team.
Duties will include:
- Design and delivery of schemes at various project stages from feasibility to detailed design, contract document preparation and construction administration.
- Taking a leading role in an expanding Architectural department.
- Ensuring thorough knowledge and understanding of project deliverables and contractual requirements.
- Taking ownership of delegated task and duties.
- Management of staff.
- Business Development.
- Management and monitoring project delivery within defined budget and programme requirements.
- Preparation of designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications and contract documents.
- Report writing.
- Acting as Design & Assigned Certifier under BC(A)R.
- Fulfilling the duties of Designer as defined under the SHWW(C) Regulations.
- AutoCAD, REVIT and Sketchup proficiency.
- Strong design and detailing experience with excellent technical and site / knowledge.
- Experience working with Irish Building and Planning Regulations.
- Experience of preparing planning, tender and construction details and documentation.
- Experience on largescale high density residential projects, commercial, industrial and public sector works.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to use initiative and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in the design and delivery various schemes.
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations with regard to the design process.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Member of, or eligible to join, RIAI.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible.
- Chartered Architect.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
Over the past 50 years, we’ve helped shape cutting-edge ideas in Saudi Arabia; from large infrastructure projects to mixed-use masterplan developments. King Abdullah Financial District, Riyadh Metro
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
Architecture is where art meets science. It is the process of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and structures. At AtkinsRéalis, our Architects and Planners are always looking f
Kirsty Pesticcio, Senior Architect at AtkinsRéalis, has been in the architecture and design industry for more than 10 years, working on everything from master planning to design concept development ac