Senior Bridge Engineer
Senior Bridge Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are looking for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Dublin office. Candidate will be required to assist in various H&T projects.
- Acting as Bridge Engineer as part of Multidiscipline Design Teams.
- Design input and overseeing the delivery of Structural aspects of projects.
- Bridge Inspection and Assessments.
- Design of Bridge Rehabilitation works.
- Project Management of small and medium projects.
- Preparation of project reports (Planning, Tender, Construction Stage).
- Preparation of fee proposals and quality submissions for design opportunities with public and private clients.
- Communication with internal and external parties (Clients, Stakeholders etc.).
- Preparation of design drawings and review of drawings prepared by others.
- Report writing.
- Assisting in undertaking duties of the PSDP.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team.
- Ability to take responsibility for leading projects from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge and experience in Bridge design, Inspection, Assessment and Rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes.
- Knowledge of structural analysis software (MIDAS Civil or LUSAS).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience in the design of concrete, steel and masonry structures.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Good communication skills (particularly written English).
- Experience in Client facing roles.
- Chartered Bridge Engineer.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Based in Dublin Office.
- Third Level Qualification (Level 8 or higher).
- Chartered Engineer.
- 8+ years’ post graduate experience.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra