Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Senior Project Manager
Why join us?
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Senior Project Manager, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s office. This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of infrastructure projects.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a project manager for DOT highway projects, with experience in management of highly complex projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in engineering, project management, administration and communicating. Willingness to be a team player is a must.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Provides management and technical support for projects
- Manages schedules, identifying and managing risks to ensure scope, schedule and budget requirements are achieved
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all design issues for the entire life cycle of a project
- Coordinates with ongoing production projects
- Collaborates with client departments and major program/project stakeholders
How will you contribute to the team?
- Attends production design meetings as needed to provide guidance and input concerning the schedule and issues that may impact a project
- Prepares monthly reports of projects
- Review documents and technical memos, design submittals, and shop drawings
- Coordinates with others
- Assists in the development plans submittals
- Coordinates with management throughout the course of the project
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective interpersonal and partnering skills
- Strong written, oral, and listening communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills
- Strong project and schedule management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other project management / production support systems.
What we offer at Atkins:
Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
Flexible work schedules
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
When Kitty Ho, Associate Director, first started with the Project and Programme Services team at AtkinsRéalis, she was glad to work with someone in senior leadership who looked like her. She r
Why nuclear engineering at AtkinsRéalis? Our nuclear teams at AtkinsRéalis are making it possible for generations to experience the benefits of nuclear and you can too. We’re looking for the brighte
Mohan Rajadurai | Principal Project Manager What is career mobility? Career mobility, also known as career advancement or career progression, refers to the ability and opportunities for individuals t
What is project management? Project management is the process of overseeing a project from planning through to completion. As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project