Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
The role of a Water/ Utilities Engineer within the infrastructure will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Support the design team in production of utilities design documentation and drawings
- Adherence to company policies and standards when delivering projects.
- Develop opportunities through close liaison with team members.
- Willing to learn new technologies and implement successfully
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and having Masters degree in Hydraulics or Water related field is an added advantage.
- 4 - 6 years relevant industry experience
- Considerable experience in design of utility networks like stormwater, potable water, sewerage, irrigation and Fire Networks
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages like, WaterCAD, InfoWorks, SewerCAD, StormCAD, Water Hammer and SewerGEMS.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts as well as calculations
- Knowledge on Civil3D, ArcGIS and Navis Works.
- Working knowledge of the latest design standards and codes.
- The ability to multi-task and be self-starting in new business environments
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
- Willing to travel to adhere business requirements.
- Able to work independently and work with team
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to complete assignments on time and to company standards.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine