GIS Analyst I
GIS Analyst I
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Why join us?
We are hiring! The GIS Analyst is an integral part of our Geospatial Team. This position is remote and may also be based out of any Atkins office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
Generally, applies standard techniques and procedures in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified GIS tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning. Ability to detect problems in using standardized procedures due to changes in client needs or project direction. Occasional travel and field work required. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations which may include the following:
- Conducts data gathering, conversion and analysis of GIS data.
- Prepares data documentation or metadata for GIS Projects.
- Prepares maps and exhibits with GIS data sets.
- Participates in client needs analyses.
- Maintains continued knowledge of technology developments in the GIS field and use of GIS software.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Ability to travel, be on feet and walking up to 8 hours per day performing outdoors utility location data collection with handheld devices.
Short-term Team assignment:
- Supports utility mapping projects at U.S. military reserve installations. Team assignments could include field worker data collection teams and/or back-office data processing teams.
Long-term Team assignment:
- Upon successful short-term assignment(s), Atkins may offer reassignment to the general support functions of the Geospatial Division. The Geospatial Division supports a wide range of projects across the U.S. that include but not limited to civil engineering, asset management, transportation, utilities, environmental studies, flooding and emergency management. Team assignments are typically office and/or remote office support activities.
What will you contribute?
- B.S or B.A. or M.S. in Geography, Computer Science, or GIS-related environmental discipline.
- Typical incumbent has 0-2 years of experience.
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- Candidate must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills Required: Esri ArcGIS Desktop or Pro, Esri ArcGIS Geodatabases, MS Office
- Preferred Skills:
- Use of ArcGIS Collector, Survey123, Workforce or Field Maps applications
- Field data collection experience
- Utility mapping experience
- Use of ArcGIS topology
- Use of link-node networks
- Microstation or AutoCAD
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Atkins is now in Mumbai and we are looking for talented professionals who want to learn, thrive, and grow their engineering careers with us. As one of the world’s most respected design, enginee
Nestled between Aberdeen Island and the southern coast of Hong Kong Island, a beautiful and vibrant city – Hong Kong is known to be one of the most developed cities in the world. Being a city
At Atkins India, our core beliefs lie in empowering and unleashing the full potential of our team members, enabling them to create a tangible impact and contribute towards building a brighter f