Senior Resident Engineer
Senior Resident Engineer
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins is seeking to recruit a Senior Resident Engineer to be seconded into the Client Site Supervision team on a range of capital water and wastewater projects across the South East Region.
The initial project is the Kilmore Quay Sewerage Scheme which is advancing as a Design and Build Contract incorporating a new Wastewater Treatment Plant (WwTP), one new Wastewater Pumping Station (WwPS) and one upgraded WwPS together with all associated pipeline works.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Atkins Site Supervision team seconded into Client teams nationally on a range of projects across the water sector.
- Level 8 engineering qualification.
- Experience in administrating Contracts – Public Works & FIDIC.
- Knowledge and Awareness of Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Managing Safely in Construction Training.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible.
- Willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of a team.
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal in English.
Primary Duties will include:
- Performing the duties of Senior Resident Engineer for the project.
- Reporting directly to the Client and Atkins Regional Project Resident Engineer.
- Managing site supervision team on the ground.
- Ensuring Materials and Workmanship are in accordance with the Works Requirements.
- Maintaining Site Documentation in Line with Client Requirements.
- Monitor Compliance with Contractors Health and Safety Plan.
- Maintain a detailed diary/record of works.
- Liaise with other Supervision Staff.
- Working with Employers Representative on the management of payment applications, checking work measures, claim determinations and final account agreement with Contractor.
- Liaison with local landowners, public and stakeholders.
- Ensuring Works are carried out to the Employer Requirements and Statutory Requirements.
- On-site design review, technical supervision and commissioning.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
What is urban planning? Urban planning is the term used to describe the design and development of towns and cities. The concept of urban planning is becoming increasingly prevalent around th
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
What is digital twin technology? A digital twin, also known as a virtual twin, is a virtual model designed to accurately mimic an object to incredible detail. The physical object being modell
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine