Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
We are seeking a Site Engineer for the Leinster Region. The ideal candidate will have 5 years’ experience in roads and civils infrastructure projects.
- Assisting the management of motorway Operation and Maintenance contracts as well as monitoring and inspection of construction activities
- Supervision of construction projects and ensure that the execution is in accordance with the works specifications
- Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on Contractor progress
- Review of documentation associated with works
- Identification of defects in motorway assets and escalation of issues requiring remediation
- Developing works packages
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in motorway infrastructure projects & Level 8 qualification recognized by the National Framework of Qualifications/Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) or other equivalent qualification in the field of engineering
- Preferably site experience on motorway schemes
- Experience in CAD an advantage
- Experience in traffic management an advantage
- Experience in supervising construction of roadworks including pavement, drainage, ducting, signage, lighting, safety barriers, bridgeworks etc
- Ability to liaise with multi-disciplinary design team, plan, and control technical resources to deliver projects on time, to budget and to client satisfaction
- Ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and contribute to a good working environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues, delivery partners and team members to ensure successful results and effective delivery
- An awareness of emerging trends, developing technologies, and evolving best practices to maintain our client’s position at the forefront of its markets
- Effective communicator (written, verbal & presentations)
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes and have a good understanding of MS Project
- A willingness to develop and build client relationships
- Full driving licence
At AtkinsRéalis we put Environment, Sustainability and Health & Safety at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Meet Stuart Chambers – Veteran, Reservist and Principle Consultant in Digital Asset Management in Transportation. Stuart's role with AtkinsRéalis, is to steer complex, multi-stakeholder progra
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab