Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Job Title: Resident Engineer
A Resident Engineer is responsible for overseeing and managing construction projects on behalf of the client. They are responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the client's satisfaction. The Resident Engineer works closely with the project team, contractors, and clients to ensure that all aspects of the project are executed as planned.
- Supervise and manage construction projects on behalf of the client.
- Oversee the work of contractors and subcontractors to ensure compliance with project specifications and plans.
- Review and approve construction plans and designs to ensure they meet client requirements and industry standards.
- Monitor project progress, identify and address any issues that may arise during construction, and provide regular updates to the client.
- Manage project budgets, schedules, and resources to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Liaise with stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and local authorities, to ensure that all necessary approvals are obtained and project requirements are met.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team, contractors, and clients as needed.
- Ensure that all work on the project site is performed safely and in compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
- Prepare and submit project reports and documentation to the client as required.
- Participate in project meetings, site inspections, and other project-related activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in construction project management.
- Strong technical knowledge of construction methods, materials, and processes.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations.
- Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Professional certification in project management or engineering is an advantage.
The Resident Engineer will typically work in an office environment but will also spend a significant amount of time on construction sites. This may involve working outdoors in various weather conditions and may require travel to different project sites. The Resident Engineer may also be required to work outside of regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate project schedules and deadlines.
Our Latest Articles
As we confront a global energy crisis and the urgency of climate change, nuclear power emerges as a vital component of the solution. If you’re on a career journey breaking into the nuclear fie
In an era defined by environmental consciousness and responsible business practices, sustainability has emerged as a critical aspect for businesses across the globe. How exactly can we empower busine
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
The urgent need to address climate change has led to an ambitious global goal: achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. The US is actively pursuing a transition towards a sustainab