Senior Environmental Consultant
Senior Environmental Consultant
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins Ireland is a member of SNC-Lavalin, one of the world’s leading providers of engineering professional consulting and support services with offices across Ireland.
Atkins is seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our Environment team, based in our Dublin office (with the option of hybrid working), to work alongside engineers, environmental scientists, and other staff on our portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ireland, particularly in the water and transport sectors; as well as on specialist environmental projects.
We are currently looking to appoint a confident individual who:
- Is confident working in a team and independently.
- Is capable of organisation and management of large environmental projects including EIARs, and contaminated land reports.
- Has excellent project management skills, including technical delivery, management of finances, client liaison and programme delivery on increasingly complex and/or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Combines excellent organisational, technical, numerical and communication skills to demonstrate logical thinking and concise reporting.
- Project management of a wide variety of projects ensuring delivery on time, within budget and to high technical standards.
- Liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other internal disciplines.
- Preparation of proposals and input into bids for multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
- Managing small project teams and directing site staff (from the office).
- Working with the local and wider Atkins team across Ireland and the UK.
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or engineering subject (e.g. environmental science, geology, hydrogeology etc).
- Masters qualified in a relevant specialism preferred, but not essential.
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body.
- A minimum of 7+ years relevant post-graduate experience (ideally within a consultancy environment), specifically in the preparation and co-ordination of EIAR and non-statutory environmental reports, environmental management plans, resource and waste management plans etc.
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of land contamination/brownfield land issues, and experience in undertaking Phase 1 Desk Studies, and Phase 2 Environmental Risk Assessments (GQRA / DQRA) would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of technical report writing and ability to complete technical reports to required best practice standards.
- Experience of project management and development of bids.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of relevant planning and environmental legislation, and technical guidance and industry standards / best practice for contaminated land assessment and waste management.
At Atkins we put Sustainability at the heart of our business strategy. We possess a significant breadth of knowledge and depth of skills and experience for the ultimate benefit of our clients. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. Together with our clients, we’re always striving to find better ways to get things done. We are a certified CPD Accredited employer with Engineers Ireland and we were named Engineers Ireland CPD Employer of the year in 2021.
Our Latest Articles
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Atkins is now in Mumbai and we are looking for talented professionals who want to learn, thrive, and grow their engineering careers with us. As one of the world’s most respected design, enginee
Nestled between Aberdeen Island and the southern coast of Hong Kong Island, a beautiful and vibrant city – Hong Kong is known to be one of the most developed cities in the world. Being a city
At Atkins India, our core beliefs lie in empowering and unleashing the full potential of our team members, enabling them to create a tangible impact and contribute towards building a brighter f