Senior Environmental Consultant
Senior Environmental Consultant
Click here to get a notification every time a job like this gets added
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins Advisory team combines management consulting, advisory and technical capabilities to help clients solve complex front-end problems in the built environment.
There is an increasing demand for environmental and sustainability consultancy services within the GCC, to support the growth of community development and infrastructure projects in real estate, government, utilities (energy, water and waste) and transport sectors. Our clients in these built environment sectors need Environmental strategies not only at the project level, but also at the corporate portfolio and organisational levels.
Our Strategic Advisory team requires an experienced Environmental Consultant to join our centre of excellence in UAE. The successful candidate will have proven experiences in Environmental Consulting on large-scale international projects and ideally in UAE, KSA and the wider GCC region. The role will require experience in the coordination and delivery of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies, environmental inputs to master planning, preparation and implementation of construction related environmental management plans (including site monitoring and auditing) and submitting environmental permit applications.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to progress their career to the next level and in a fast-paced and exciting field of work. You will join an international team of Environmental experts located locally and across the globe and you will support our key clients by working on mega projects. You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects, lead and coordinate Environmental services and related deliverables, work closely with clients, develop new areas of business and mentor others in the team.
The right candidate will have UAE specific experience and will be based in UAE but will be required to work across the broader GCC region. Whilst directly reporting to the Advisory Business Unit, the individual must be able to develop a successful working relationship with the discipline leads of other Business Units within the GCC, as well as the technical specialists in the UK.
The role will be varied and will require project management, client and stakeholder liaison, coordination with design and site teams and technical inputs to EIAs and other studies. The candidate will also be expected to carry out associated environmental investigations and reporting, including contributions to design and contract documentation. The role will cover projects from conception through to delivery on site, so there is likely to be a requirement to support/monitor the work of contractors and to undertake environmental inspections and audits at construction sites, or to support others undertaking these tasks.
The priorities of this role include:
· Supporting bids for new work and business development
· Supporting environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and providing inputs to master plans and feasibility studies in support of the delivery of major infrastructure.
· Supporting client and stakeholder requirements while facilitating project delivery.
· Supporting the Atkins infrastructure and property delivery teams for environmental mitigation, enhancements and to promote sustainability.
· Providing environmental audits of construction sites, to ensure compliance with construction environmental management plans.
· Supporting specialists in developing high quality project deliverables within proposed schedule and budget constraints.
· Liaison with environmental, planning, urban design and landscape teams in the U.K. and in other GCC offices (especially KSA) and providing assistance with the delivery of assignments in those countries, as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
· Degree qualified in a relevant field.
· Master's degree in EIA or Environmental Science.
· Along with strong general EIA coordination skills, a specialism in sustainability, marine/coastal, contamination/geo-environmental science, or groundwater/surface water, waste, noise, air quality, ecology would be considered advantageous.
· Proven experience (5-10 years) in the delivery EIA and understanding its application to infrastructure projects in the GCC region and internationally.
· Good working knowledge of EIA legislation in UAE and KSA.
· A combination of technical skills in the environmental and engineering aspects of urban planning and development and of strategic advisory services.
· Personal commitment to environmental protection and sustainable development.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills; capable of presenting detailed subject matter to a variety of stakeholders.
· Excellent organizational abilities.
· Willingness and ability to interact with regulatory agencies, stakeholders, clients and develop effective teamwork relationships.
· Fluency in written and spoken English - knowledge of Arabic would be helpful.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Flexibility with willingness and ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
· Willingness to travel within UAE, KSA and the GCC region.
· Membership of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA/CIEEM/CIWEEM) or similar professional institute would be advantageous.
· Construction site experience desirable.
Salary and benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
· A competitive salary.
· Accommodation allowance.
· Transportation allowance.
· 22 working days annual leave.
· Local public holidays.
· Medical and life insurance cover.
· Company gratuity scheme.
· Discretionary bonus scheme.
· Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
Our Latest Articles
Do you have a gift for managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects? Often get told you have strong leadership and people skills? Or perhaps you’re looking for a career change, wher
Are you a management consultant looking for a new challenge? Management consulting is among the highest-paid jobs for MBA graduates, attracting top candidates from all industries. Offering tra
Atkins is now in Mumbai and we are looking for talented professionals who want to learn, thrive, and grow their engineering careers with us. As one of the world’s most respected design, enginee
Nestled between Aberdeen Island and the southern coast of Hong Kong Island, a beautiful and vibrant city – Hong Kong is known to be one of the most developed cities in the world. Being a city